It is significantly more efficient and cost effective to market your property today than it was as recently as 2000. I choose to pass along those cost savings where others do not or cannot. Your property will be marketed to the world. Full Service MLS Listing for 3 ¾% commission.
1. The MLS. This is the single database containing ALL property listed for sale by ALL agent members within the entire Northern Illinois (10 county) area. ALL agent members have ‘real time’ ‘instant’ access to this database in order to find property for their clients. Today, even buyers can access various (incomplete) versions of this system to search for property from the comfort of their home. This is the single most effective means for getting your property sold.
2. Internet. This has forever changed the way we conduct business. Your property is exposed to just about every web site on the planet that has a real estate section, especially Realtor.com, the Chicago Tribune, Sun Times & Pioneer Press as well as Google, AOL, Yahoo, Zillow, Trulia etc. Total market penetration!
3. Signage: The simple act of placing a sign on the property is helpful because Buyer's drive around the neighborhoods they are interested in.
4. 16 pictures & Video Tour: This is Internet based and most helpful in letting a buyer see the inside of your property from the comfort of their home. Over 90% of potential buyers use the Internet to some extent to view property today. If the demographics for the likely potential buyer for you property is under 35, then over 95% of those folks use the Internet to surf for property! Not sure what the other 5% are doing.
5. Weekly/Daily Market Update Reports: In this ever-changing market, you need to be kept up to date with what is happening in your neighborhood/building with respect to your friendly competition etc. Buyers are much more in tune with the market than Seller's and this helps close the gap. My job is to help you sell your property for the greatest price within the shortest amount of time so you can move on with your life. This weekly or daily E-mail report is important to keep you in touch with the market.
6. Public Open Houses: The odds are very low that someone will buy your property from walking off the street (without previously seeing your listing somewhere else), but it is a possibility.
7. Personal & Professional Showings: I show your property, but I also use lock boxes and/or have a key available with the doorman, if allowed. You do not want to miss any appointments, especially in this market, and no agent has mastered the ability to be in 2 places at one time yet.
If you would like more information about the market, the prospects for selling your property, how to interview a Realtor, how to analyze and save money when negotiating a listing agreement and what to look for and avoid during this process, please read the rest of this web site or give me a call to schedule an appointment.